The year of 2014 is fast approaching and I am super duper excited about it. I believe that the new year will hold wonderful things and I will be better me. (Of course only with the help of the Triune God.) For some of you 2013 might have been a rough year, for others it may have been a wonderful year. For me 2013 has been one of great blessings and a few bad moments.
- I became less shy and more confident in who I am as a daughter of Christ.
- I had my first prom and I graduated from high school and started attending the most amazing university EVER.
- I understood in part what it means to be broken before God and before people
- I learned that with progress and growing in God there is pain and some discomfort
- Yet, one thing that has truly affected me in the year of 2013 is that I have grown closer to God more than I ever thought I would. Although I am still peeling away at the surface, I have gone deeper in knowing my Prince.
I know that there may be some people who are dreading another year because 2013 might not have been your best so you think, “how will 2014 be any different?”
Life is not always smooth sailing and sometimes we go through rough waters, treading wave after wave wondering when will it end. But you know in trusting God there is a peace, such an overwhelming beautiful peace that encompasses all that we are, only when we truly trust in Him. The one who has your entire story written out, your entire 2014 written in the celestial clouds of Heaven. Know above anything else God loves YOU. You are precious and dear to Him. Cast your cares and your worries about this new year on God and rest in His perfect plan for your life. He will not disappoint.
Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.